Monday 8 November 2010

stormy weather...........

It is wild, wet and windy and our lovely copper and gold clad birch trees are fast becoming stark, skeletal shapes as the leaves are stripped from their branches by the storm.  The dogs hurtle around in the wind, excitedly snuffling the leafy piles before rushing back into the kitchen to be rubbed dry and resume their positions by the stove.  

Recent blog-neglect is due to the fact that I was furiously preparing for the Handmade and Vintage Fair in Kinrossie last Friday and Saturday.  The fair, which was organised by my friends Katie and Lisa, was held in aid of the Help for Heroes charity and I think everyone agreed that it was a huge success.  It was lovely to see so many friends and there was a very jolly atmosphere with live music in the background and teas being served by the local W.R.I.  There was a wonderful selection on offer including soaps, tweed handbags, ceramics, jewellery, hand painted furniture and masses of pretty homewares and accessories.

My cards went well, especially the Christmassy ones and I also  took along my hand felted "hedgerow" scarves and Magical Myreside brooches.  I sold quite a few originals, so the paints will be out again to create some new works for the ENCKA Christmas Fair on November the 20th.  This will be the first event in the new hall and we're all looking forward to it. 


shepherds  i 

winter trees  iv
Here are two of my little mixed media collages which I mount on 5"  square cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment